Our commitment to responsible gaming
We, the team of bettogoal, believe that we have a responsibility to you as our customer, to ensure that you enjoy your online gaming experience at bettogoal.
We are therefore committed to promote responsible gaming and seek to provide a responsible gaming environment through compliance with the industry’s best practices.
We aim at ensuring that customers who gambles with us, do it for the right reason, as a means for entertainment. However, sometimes we find customers who display excessive gambling behavior and an inability to control their gambling attitude, and we strive to help them as much as we can.
Exclusion from gaming
The procedures of bettogoal ensure fulfilling requests of our customers who wish to temporarily suspend or permanently close their customer accounts at any time. If you feel that you should have a break from gaming, please contact our customer support and specify your exclusion period.
Of course, you are also free to use our self-exclusion tools.
We offer the following advice, to keep your gaming habits in touch.
• Gaming is for entertainment and not for making money.
• Avoid chasing losses. Everyone has losing sessions from time to time. Do not move to higher stakes table in hope recouping money you lost at a lower stake game. Keep in mind that losing money is a part of gambling.
• Keep track of the time and the amount of money you spent for gambling.
• Set limits (time limits, deposit limits, loss limits or even winning limits) and do not play with money you cannot afford to lose.
If you are risking your rent, car payment, household money etc., stop gambling immediately and walk away.
• Do not play when you are tired, angry, depressed, drunk or otherwise not in good shape. Successful Gambling requires discipline, and endurance.
Ensure that you acquire a solid knowledge about the games you are playing. Significant losses may be caused by lack of understanding the game rules and strategies. Skilled players can reduce their losses to an amount which comes close to the house advantage, which is the normally accepted tolerable limit in exchange for provided entertainment.
Ask yourself the following questions
• Do you ever lose time from work or education due to gambling?
• Have you ever lost your job or apprenticeship due to gambling?
• Has gambling ever made your personal life unhappy?
• Has gambling ever harmed your reputation in the past?
• Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
• Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
• Does gambling have a negative impact on your goals (professional or personal) or your ability to concentrate?
• Have you ever felt the urge to return to the “gaming table” to make up for your losses?
• After a win did you have a strong urge to continue playing to win more money?
• Have you ever gambled until your funds were completely exhausted?
• Did you ever borrow to finance gambling?
• Have you ever sold something to finance gambling?
• Has gambling in the past made you care less or be indifferent to the concerns of family or loved ones or to yourself?
• Did you ever gamble longer than you have planned?
• Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
• Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
• Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
• Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
• Have you ever considered self-harm or suicide as a result of gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer with “yes” to many questions above. If you think that gambling is becoming a problem for you, you should seek professional advice and help through the following links, although we recommend to also look for more local help:
• Gamblers Anonymous (www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk) • At ( www.spielsucht-therapy.de) you´ll find sorted according to postcodes gaming adiction information centers in Germany. • Via the free phone number 0800 1 37 27 00, you´ll get in contact with german speaking gaming adiction often he BZgA. • Via (www.glückspielsucht-nrw.de you´ll find german and turkish speaking advise.
• National council on problem gambling (www.ncgambling.org)
• GamCare (www.gamcare.org.uk)
If you need more information sources, please contact us at any time. We will support you in every way to ensure that your gaming is fun and not causing any problems.
Underage Gambling and Age Verification
bettogoal does not allow anybody under the age of 18 to play real money games. In order to prevent underage gaming, we require every new customer to agree to our Terms & Conditions and to confirm, that the customer is of legal age to play real money games in their local jurisdiction.
We are following the “know your customer” rules and require all customers to provide their personal details during registration. We pursue all reasonable measures to verify this information.
Furthermore, bettogoal seeks to ensure that it’s advertising sponsorship and promotional activity is not directed towards minors.
The following steps may help you to prevent minors from logging in and gambling without your knowledge.
• Block gaming sites from under 18-year-old persons by using child protection software in your computer environment.
• Do not leave minors unattended when you are using our gaming site.
• Do not make payment cards, account details or any other payment details accessible to minors.
• Create separate user profiles for your children on your home computer, so that when using the computer, they cannot access your gaming environment.
If you are aware of any minors registered with us, please contact us immediately with the relevant details including the customers username.
We will investigate any matters reported to us and if necessary, terminate the player’s account in order to prevent any further illegal game play.